Friday, January 24, 2014

Thoughts on the Nature of Love

I love my family. Every single one of them. There's not a one I don't cherish or love fiercely. They are mine and I'm keeping them. But I don't love them all the exact same way. How could I? They are not the same person cloned over and over. I was thinking out loud with a friend when I came to this mind-blowing revelation. So, within my family, I have a different type of love for each parent, each sibling, each sibling's spouse, and each of their children. So, right there I have 18 different types of love. And they aren't the only ones I love. I love my friends, co-workers, fellow congregants at church, and don't get me started on cute, furry animals.

And then there are all the people who love *me!* Each one of them loves me a different way than the next person. No one loves me exactly the same. And God loves us all, too! And He loves us as individuals. So, He loves us all differently, too, but I bet it's the same amount for each of us. Just...different. And catered to us personally.

It's like I realized there's this exponential outpouring of love in an infinite manner. The more people you meet and get to know, the more opportunities you have for loving someone new. Isn't that amazing?!?!?

That's all. I just wanted to share my "aha" moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment